When you hear the word “automation,” what comes to mind? Robots taking all our jobs? Not so fast.
Why the robots aren’t coming for us
The experts agree that technology is getting smarter and more capable of handling various tasks. McKinsey & Company found that occupations across the board have some activities that are automatable – in fact, their research revealed 30% of activities in 60% of jobs could be automated.
Lest we all panic about our job security, it’s more likely we’ll be working alongside smarter technologies than being replaced by them. The New York Times reported that process automation technology is “freeing workers from drudgery far more often than it is eliminating jobs.”
And according to Leslie Willcocks, a professor at the London School of Economics and industry expert, companies that use technology to automate the most tedious aspects of back-office jobs retain staff to work in tandem with technology, but focused on more interesting or complex work. “It takes the robot out of the human,” he says.
The conclusion is clear: A blended approach is best. Humans are good at certain things, software is good at certain things, and they can accomplish more when they work together.
5 reasons to embrace what technology can do
Software tools can automate mundane tasks and help you be more efficient, but for Department of Defense suppliers, they can be even more valuable. Complying with DoD requirements and managing fulfillment can be complex and time-consuming, but government contract management solutions can make these processes faster and more accurate.
Here are five reasons you should use advanced DoD software solutions to improve operations:
- Gain peace of mind knowing the right software can ensure 100% compliance with DoD requirements.
- Improve cash flow by mitigating errors that could cause payment delays and penalties.
- Get both real-time and long-term visibility for your shipments, while eliminating the headaches, personal liability, and physical space associated with maintaining government audit files.
- Software support teams can reduce the pressure to know everything about the complex world of supplying the government, and provide additional help on those unsure shipments and contracts.
- For most companies, working with the DoD represents a fraction of their operations. Embracing software and automation allows you to spend more time on your core business.
Benefits to you
Remember that government contract management software is just a tool in your toolkit. It still takes a human to perform the tasks and complete the shipments. Plus, automating processes can revolutionize the way your company does business with the government, and being an internal champion for these improvements will raise your status within the organization.